Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 2_ Absolute Best 30 Day Challenge

OMG.  I was so tired today.  My goal for this challenge is to go 30 days without coffee.  This will be my hardest challenge yet.  I have been drinking coffee since I was a little girl.  Cubans love their coffee; it is embedded into our culture.  I can remember having my little “tasita” of espresso when I was as young as 3 years of age. 

“Coffee is good for you; it opens up you blood vessels and arteries allowing for better blood flow- it’s good for the heart.”  That’s what my parents would tell me, and wouldn’t you know it, they were right.  I just “Googled” it and in a recent article published by the American Heart Association, their statement was confirmed.  A study by Tsutsui, M.D., Ph.D., lead researcher, cardiologist and professor in the pharmacology department at the University of the Ryukyus in Okinawa, Japan determined that caffeine can improve cardiac health.

I set a goal to cleanse my body of caffeine for 30 days so, regardless of the withdrawals I will inevitable have to endure for the first few days; I know my body will benefit from this cleansing.  The discipline of adhering to this goal is essential to this challenge.  It defines the Absolute Best 30 Day Challenge.  The fact that, my body will appreciate the break is secondary to the fact that I am disciplining my mind to adhere to a commitment and learn delayed gratification.  Trust me; I will reward myself after this one.  And that reward is the motivating factor to keep me on track. 

Did you set a reward for yourself?  If you didn't – please do it now.  Human beings are wired to seek pleasure and reward.  If we know we will gain pleasure at the end of a hard journey, it empowers us to keep going. 

So, are you a winner?  Do you have what it takes to push through the fatigue, the frustration, the inconvenience and the hard work to get the job done?  I believe you do.  You wouldn’t have signed up for the challenge if you didn't think so. 

It is only day 1.  How do you think you did today?  I suggest you write an inventory of your day and analyze how it went.  Where did you falter?  When did you feel vulnerable and weak?  What did you do to muster up the energy and strength to continue and stick to your commitment?
 
During this challenge, I want you to dive deep inside yourself and find the power lying in wait for your summons.  I want you to find the strength to reach your goal and embrace the knowledge that you can do anything you set your mind to.

This life is about searching within and merging with the energy that intrinsically connects us to source and our unlimited potential.   I believe we are here to experience the ability to tap that power.  Our knowledge comes from finding the many ways in which we can attain it.  And by taking these baby steps to reach our goal during these 30 days, we are preparing ourselves for the greatest life changing events of our lives. 

Keep going, you can create your Absolute Best life starting right now!
Namaste.

Clarita

No comments:

Post a Comment