Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Absolute Best Challenge Day 40


One hour of continuous cardiovascular exercise can burn up 400 calories.  I love to dance, so, developing my signature Mambo Mania® class became an inevitable part of my story.  I was born in Havana, Cuba, salsa is in my blood.  If Latin rhythms play, I move.

Day 40.  Who thought of this 90 Day Challenge?  Oh yes, it was Lois Thornburg, my good friend and accountability partner.  She thought it would be a great idea if we updated and edited my Metabolic Cure Meal Plan.  Since the book calls for a 12-week plan of exercise and healthy eating, she thought we should challenge our students and ourselves to follow the program.


The Metabolic Cure was originally created for my focus groups.  I used to facilitate large groups of test subjects for various fitness products that were ultimately sold on infomercials.  I have had the privilege of working with many top fitness gurus such as Kathy Smith, Dosho Design (the inventor of Bowflex), Jake Steinfeld and many others.

My job was to recruit and train at least100 people, sometimes more, at one time. The goal was to create and deliver a successful weight-loss program incorporating the use of whichever "product" was being sold at the time.  The hope was that at the end of the 12 weeks, we could film testimonials for the success stories as part of the marketing package for the sale of the product.

We were always successful.  No matter what product was being marketed, test subjects used my Metabolic Cure Meal Plan along with my the exercise program.  What this clearly demonstrated to me were the core tenets of my program.  The best results came when there was:
1.  Accountability
2.  A recording of the baseline and progress measurements of body mass, weight, girth and metabolic rates
3.  Regular exercise most days of the week
4.  Reduction of caloric intake
5.  A strong desire by the subject to change their body's physical and metaphysical states
6.  Daily journaling and contemplation.

This is not for sissies.  If you are serious about your health, then, come on board.  We always have a challenge for you.  If you just want to tip your toe in the water, that's ok too.  We believe the seed will be planted as long as you were brave enough to test the waters.  Wellness is already embedded deep within your soul.  It's just waiting for you to jump in all the way.



Absolute Best "whole life warehouse" is San Pedro's finest wellness center.  We are committed to your wellness by optimizing the health of your body, mind, and spirit - together - all in one convenient location.

Call us today and set up a private consultation.  

Come check us out.  We are located on 6th Street between Gaffy and Grand.  

"Bridging the gap between you and your personal best."

Peace, Love, Namaste,


Clarita











No comments:

Post a Comment